What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Commute Time

As the new year rolled around, I noticed that I've been posting about half as much as I did when I lived in Walla. Maybe part of that is because I am no longer cruising around town on an Xtracycle, attempting to carry any and everything by bike, just because it was fun. The Xtracycle doesn't fit on the bus, here in the city, so it's temporarily retired.

But to offset that decline, I've tried so many new things since I've moved to the Seattle area: mountain biking, track, putting my bike on the bus.




Then a friend pointed out that I spend a whole lot more time commuting in Seattle than I ever did in Walla Walla. Dang, I really do. Walla Walla is 5 miles wide! It only took 10 minutes by bike to get.. Well, anywhere! Now it takes an hour and a half to bike or bike/bus a route that takes 20 minutes in a car. Now I really get the commitment it can take to be a "bike commuter."

What used to be blog time is now commute time.. Until I got an iPhone that is! I can snap a photo, whiz it up in Adobe Express, do a little thumb tapping and BAM. I've blogged, on location.

We'll see how this goes. I feel like I don't write so guud when writing at the pace of my thumbs, but perhaps I'll learn.

I'm open to new ideas.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Related Posts with Thumbnails