What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh, Snow!

This is how it went down. It was cold and it was grocery day, so I put on my Smartwool neck gaiter.




I went into the grocery store and bought ALMOST too many groceries to carry home.

Then, when I came out- my bike looked like this:




Hey!! Whaddya doin' on my bike, Snow?!

Then I woke up and the yard looked like this:





Whaaa?

Good thing I never got around to taking off my studded tires!




It only looks like a snowball donut because I walked it down the driveway. The studs did great in the packed snow, slush and ice. It'll do anything except deep powder. Well, and ruts are quite an adventure. That's where handling skills come in.




Then- bus.




Before you readers of snowier climes roll your eyes- this is Seattle! Salamanders do not like getting snowed on! I prefer the mild and mossy forests.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



Related Posts with Thumbnails