What this blog is about

Bicycle commuting, bicycle touring, bicycle racing; bicycle ADVENTURING.
To the grocery store, up a mountain, across the country or to the finish line--
it's all an adventure.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Hiatus

It's been a while since I last posted. That doesn't mean that I haven't been riding- I'm actually commuting by bike more regularly these days. It's just that my journaling of bike commuting has played itself out. I have new adventures to tackle: orienteering, trail running and off-road triathlon top the list. While that sorta fits in here, I feel like I need a new space for these new pursuits.

So An Adventure will go on hiatus for a while. I may return here to post about any bike tours I do. Meanwhile, I'm getting to work on 2 new blogs. Yes, 2!

One will organize trail running-related activities for women.

The second will be a seasonally focused photo blog of life outside: trail running, mountain biking, etc. One of my favorite things I've done on this blog is the photo compilation video I did of a winter in Walla Walla. It's not the quality of the video that I'm crazy about, but just the fact that I was outside so much that winter, that it resulted in a dense collection of photos. My goal on my new blog will be to go on enough adventures that I can create a video compilation for every season.

Thanks to all that have appreciated and enjoyed this blog. It will remain as a resource for you touring and Xtracycle folk. And when I get my X back (it's on loan), or go on tour- I will return here to share.

Cheers!

RJ




5 comments:

Patrice Nora said...

I'm kinda sad to see you go on hiatus, I can't tell you how helpful your blog has been. I think I have read everything on here! All the little tips and tricks, and of course, your Trans Am tour section. Awesome. Thanks for keeping a kick-ass blog!

Bikejuju said...

Just keep riding!

Anonymous said...

Thanks RJ, I read your blog and ordered my first xtracycle!!!

secondhand bicycles in uk said...

Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world.God Bless You..
olympic station cycles
bicycle shops near london olympic

RandomManCan said...

I've loved reading your blog. It really is an inspiration. I'm planning on taking a bike trip from Oregon to Mexico in May!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails